I know, I know we're so out of date. I could tell you about how my computer died and I had to get a new one, but that only forgives, what maybe 2 weeks of the last 2.5 months that I haven't posted. I just don't pull out my computer at home very often, then I always feel like a post needs to be accompanied by picture or video, because lets be honest, that's what you all come here to see.
Sorry to disappoint, but there won't be any visuals with this post either....I haven't actually gotten to loading any pics on to this new computer yet. However, I figured I could at least drop you all a line and tell you what Abi has been up to.
On Abi's 9 month birthday (April 7th) she began using a proper crawl to get around. On April 30th, she took her first step! Just this week she's started taking several (8-9) steps to get to what she wants and she's standing still for significant periods of time before loosing her balance. It has been an exciting time. We've actually started using the baby gates we installed months ago and the kitchen cabinets are all locked up. Abi loves to be outside and can't wait for it to stay warm and sunny. No leaving the door open for the dog this year...Abi crawls right out the door on to the deck. Oh yeah, and she can crawl up the stairs, but not down. We have a step down into our front living room and yesterday while playing in there Abi climbed the step without ever slowing down, then she attempted to climb back down without slowing down...face first....I found myself using one of my dad's favorite lines...."you're going to break your neck!" I am trying to teach Abi "feet first" off the couch, down the steps, pretty much anytime you we go down its "feet first".
Oh yeah and for those who are keeping track, here were Abi's stats at her 9 month check-up.
Weight: 19 lb 10 oz (70%)
Height: 28.5 in (80%)
Head: 44 cm (50%)
What else....at 10.5 months she still doesn't have any teeth and has no sign of getting any soon. That doesn't stop her from eating off of mom and dad's plates at dinner though. She eats pretty much anything she can get her hands on, until she doesn't like it anymore. Her current favorites are peaches and string cheese.
In June Abi will transition (they take the whole month to do it) into the 12-18 month room, so we get to learn a new set of teachers and a whole new nap and eating routine. Should be fun. I'm actually looking forward to it because she has a pretty loose routine now and trying to make sure she gets her proper naps on the weekends is hard...because we don't know when or how long they'll be. At least now we'll have a set nap time that we can try to follow at home.
We're headed to NC and PA in July, but lets hope I'll get around to posting again before then....with pictures even.
Until next time, be well.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am excited to see new pictures of Abby...of course, I randomly bump into her now and then at Goddard...and I'll see her next weekend. OK I guess I shouldn't complain!
Post a Comment